My plan was to teach Teigan two songs about letter A and make an Apple Man. He didn't want to do that. All he wanted to do was play the playstation. Go figure. Well we ate Dinosaur chicken nuggets today and instead we had a great conversation about Dinosaurs. I also found two storybooks that we had about dinosaurs and read them. The one is "Oh say can you say Di-no-saur?" by Bonnie Worth. Its a book from Cat in the Hat's Learning Library. It sounds out the different dinosaur names for you and tells a little about each one. It's a pretty good book. So even though my plans didn't work out as planned. Which I'm learning is OK. We still got to spend our time, without pulling teeth :)
I found these two songs which I thought were pretty cute, so here they are:
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Plans Don't Always Work Out
Do You Know the Apple Man?
(tune of: the muffin man)
Do you know the apple man,
the apple man,
the apple man?
Do you know the apple man
who likes to sing with me?
Oh, he loves the letter A,
the letter A,
the letter A,
Oh, he loves the letter A
and likes to sing with me.
Letter A Song
(tune of: John, Jacob, Jingleheimer Schmidt)
Aunt Angie's Alligator-pie
It has some apples, too
For words that start with A
The people shout, Hurray!
Words like Aunt Angie's Alligator-pie
A A A A A A A
Posted by Janae at 10:18 PM
Labels: Momme Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 comments:
What a good mommy you are! Man- I wish I could have found that song when we were on A- and I wish we were doing it all together! :) Good luck with the preschool thing! Good for you! You are a great example! Let me know if you get any more good ideas!
hey camie smith on my links has some preschool links on her blog.
the headband is made out of footlets I just cut the toe and the top off and do a quick stich to hold them together they come in the little egg things and you get a pair for like $.33 but I think I like childrens tights I can make about 4 with one pair but then I have to cut them but they are thicker I use like a size 7-8 when I do that I now glue a ribbion around them so i can just have a bunch of colors and then can switch out bows ya go with the tights they have more colors than footies unless you just want white. good luck let me know when you come down again and you can come over or we could tae our ids to blast off.
Post a Comment