Saturday, February 7, 2009

Diaper Dilemma

Ok I hate to admit this, but Yes my four year old is still wearing diapers to bed. I know! And he has been potty trained for 2 years! Ever since he was 2 he has been wearing underware. But at bedtime it's a anaother story. He can not control his bladder! I don't know what I can do to help him. We've tried underware, we've tried those plastic covers, we've tried No drinking after dinner. I don't know. Alot of the people I have talked to say that Boys are harder and that he will get control of his bladder but it will jsut take time. We'll its been two whole years! And I am sick of sogey diapers in the morning! I don't know what to do. Any advice?

4 comments:

Melissa Voss said...

My sister's little boy is 5 and he still has that problem at night too. Her older boy never had that problem and her 3 year old hasn't had an accident since he was potty trained.

Unknown said...

My daughter just turned 6 and she still has accidents at night. She has just started getting better about the last month or so. Cole's aunth (who is like super mom - 2 sets of twins) has an 8 year old daughter who still wears pull ups to bed. Some kids just have a hard time for YEARS! Don't stress over it.

Mark&Noelle Taylor said...

I will tell you it's heretitary. someone in the family has done the same thing an Uncle, Aunt Granfather or such He must be a deep sleeper. I think out of the 21 kids in my family (grandkids)atleast 5 of them had or still have the same problem some are old (almost 12and mother never stressed about it) and it is getting embarassing for them. you can talk to a dr. and sometimes there are meds to help also their is a special sheet and if it starts to get wet an alarm will go off not way loud but like an alam clock and it will wake him up to go pee. don't just think it will pass (it may but it may not and he will hate it) he is old enough to do it. it will take extra work on your part in the night to help him know that when the alam goes off to get up and go then he will not have to use it after like a month or so but it works I have family proof trust me in the end it will be worth it to you and especially to him. Oh and if he is just having one or two a month that's no biggie that is just a supper tired time but if it is 2 a week or more than get the sheet first then try the meds. here is a website about them but I am sure there are many many more so do resurch or ask a dr. for recomendations on wich one works best. hope it works
http://www.peejs.com/products/bedwetting_alarms.htm
sorry that was so long I have just seen it first hand and have looked into it with family and it's not his fault so get him some help so both of you can rest at ease. he is such a cute boy.

Lyd Stew said...

Wish I had good advise- I just wanted to say that Amberlee (4 in April) is also still wearing diapers to bed. :) I don't feel bad though- I feel like I pushed her so hard with the potty training, and she is just now started to have dry diapers at night. I have told her that if she can keep her diaper dry for 7 nights in a row she can wear her new princess panties to bed. She wants to SO bad. She did it once and promptly wet the bed that night (I forgot to have her go before). Anyway- she is starting to catch on and try, but I think kids are just all different and sometimes it just takes longer. He'll catch on soon!

Smile